6-8 Bond Terrace, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, WF1 2HW, United Kingdom

Cushen Nutrition

Providing  Evidence-Based Nutritional and Dietetic Care for You and Your Family

HCPC logo
BDA Freelance Dietitians
BDA logo

Why see a registered Dietitian?

We are registered and strictly regulated

Registered Dietitian (Dietician) is a protected title in the UK. This means that only a Registered Dietitian who has completed a formally recognised Honours Degree or Masters Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics may call themselves by this title. This ensures that you receive the best quality nutritional and dietetic care that is available and will always be safe.  

All dietitians must register with the HCPC (Health and Care Professions Council) meaning they are strictly regulated and have to show that they are keeping up to date with the latest evidence and best practice.  Registered Dietitians are the only nutritional professionals qualified to treat disease. A Dietitian will give you safe, realistic nutrition and dietetic advice based on the best available evidence.


Registered dietitians must hold a bachelors or masters degree in dietetics

Strictly Regulated

Dietitians in the UK must be registered with the HCPC (Health and Care Professions Council)

Evidence Based

A dietitian will only provide dietary guidance that is based on the best available scientific evidence

Why see a private dietitian

Supporting you ever step of the way

You can have as many appointments as you need, as often as you need.  Some people feel confident in managing their diet after one consultation, others may want more appointments to discuss problems, ask questions or require further support. It is totally up to you.

  1. 1
    Guaranteed to see the same Registered Dietitian (Dietician) for all appointments
  2. 2
    Longer appointment times means more individualised care for your child
  3. 3
    You will receive an individualised report addressed to you (other professionals copied in with agreement from you)
  4. 4
    Appointments can be arranged at a time to suit you, reducing the need to take time off work or arrange child care
  5. 5
    I can see you at home, or online, tasking the stress away from you having to travel and find parking spaces.

Fees and Referrals

Parents/Guardians can refer their child by telephone or e mail or the child can be referred by doctor, medical insurance company, or complex care company.  A no obligation, free discussion can be provided (by telephone or e mail) to discuss your needs before moving forward with your child's care.


What they say

Mother of baby fed by enteral tube

My baby has not vomited since you changed the feed, Thank you!

Mother of child with multiple allergies

No one has ever explained it to me in that way before, now I understand,

Contact Information

Find us here: 6-8 Bond Terrace, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, WF1 2HW

Email:  cushen.nutrition@outlook.com

Phone: (07511) 346206